Senior Research Staff
Peterson Perspectives Interviews
- Record Fine for France's Biggest Bank
July 2, 2014
- Annals of Economic Nationalism: Part I
May 1, 2014
- French Cabinet Shakeup: Old Wine in New Bottles?
April 2, 2014
- A Small Step Toward European Banking Union Regulation
March 20, 2014
- Can Hollande Take On France's "National Champions"?
February 20, 2014
- A US-European Crisis Over Privacy Invasions? Part I
October 28, 2013
- Obama and Greece: Thinking Outside the Basket Case
August 8, 2013
- Are Tax Avoidance 'Havens' a Bad Thing? Part II
May 24, 2013
- Are Tax Avoidance 'Havens' a Bad Thing? Part I
May 24, 2013
- Malaise and Paralysis in France?
May 1, 2013
- A 'Crisis of Stupidity' in Europe? Part I
March 20, 2013
- A 'Crisis of Stupidity' in Europe? Part II
March 20, 2013
- Risky Repercussions from Cyprus
March 12, 2013
- Market Jitters and Political Turmoil in Italy
February 26, 2013
- Iconic Battle over a Steel Manufacturer in France
November 30, 2012
- Is France Too Cautious on Reform?
November 12, 2012
- Europe: A Pause in the Crisis? Part II
August 30, 2012
- Europe: A Pause in the Crisis? Part I
August 29, 2012
- Europe's Quest for a More Perfect Union, Part II
August 7, 2012
- Europe's Quest for a More Perfect Union, Part I
August 6, 2012
- European Bank Turmoil, Part II: Toward European-wide Bank Supervision
June 21, 2012
- European Bank Turmoil, Part I: Spanish Bailout
June 20, 2012
- Elections in France: Major Shifts Unlikely
May 7, 2012
- A Move to the Left for France?
April 24, 2012
- Is Portugal the Next Domino to Fall?
March 8, 2012
- Will French Voting Test Franco-German Ties?
February 7, 2012
- Greece Back on the Front Burner
January 11, 2012
- Why Do Markets Disdain Euro Summit Accords?
December 15, 2011
- Incremental Progress in Europe, but Is That Enough?
December 9, 2011
- New Regimes, Old Problems, in Italy and Greece
November 11, 2011
- Europe Gets Closer to Recapitalizing Banks
October 13, 2011
- Toward a Centralized European Banking Authority
September 23, 2011
- Is There Such a Thing as a Risk-Free Asset?
August 10, 2011
- Mixed Results from the European Bank "Stress Tests"
July 15, 2011
- Christine Lagarde's Steep Learning Curve
June 28, 2011
- Greece's Woes: The Virtue of "Kicking the Can Down the Road"
June 8, 2011
- Market Access is Receding for Greek Debt
May 9, 2011
- Europe Struggles to Get Ahead of the Curve
February 4, 2011
- Cautious French Leadership for the G-20?
January 5, 2011
- Dangerous Dysfunction in Europe
December 9, 2010
- Is the European Market Turmoil Self-Inflicted?
November 15, 2010
- More Stress for European Banks
October 7, 2010
- How Stressful Is the European Bank Stress Test?
June 29, 2010
- A "Stress Test" for Europe's Banks?
June 8, 2010
- A New US-European Rift on Financial Regulation
March 15, 2010
- A Stress Test for the Euro?
March 3, 2010
- Europe's Struggle to Recover and Reform
January 26, 2010
- Should the Fed Be Stripped of Its Regulatory Authority?
December 4, 2009
Europe's Half a Banking Union
June 15, 2014
Europe's Institutional Mismatches Will Create More Turbulence in 2014 than in 2013
The European Central Bank's Big Moment
With Cyprus, Europe Risks Being Too Tough on Banking Moral Hazard
March 28, 2013
Europe's Banking Union: Possible Next Steps on a Bumpy Path
July 6, 2012
Banking Federalism Key to Euro Area Survival
November 3, 2011
Stress Tests Are Not Enough to Fix the Banks
July 15, 2011
The European Union Should Start a Debate on Too-Big-To-Fail
April 14, 2011
New Dogs Unleashed—Ones That Can Bite
The New Disintegration of Finance
September 9, 2010
Detailed Disclosure Is the Key to Stress-Test Success
July 15, 2010
European Banking Needs a State-Led Triage Body
July 2, 2009
- The European debate on bank capital is not just about Europe, in VoxEU, May 4, 2012
- Banking union or financial repression? Europe has yet to choose, in VoxEU, April 26, 2012
- A new era for global financial standards, in VoxEU, March 17, 2012
- Europe’s fiscal union still lacks a blueprint, in VoxEU, February 15, 2012