Senior Research Staff
Joseph E. Gagnon
Peterson Perspectives Interviews
- A Yellen Era at the Fed?
October 10, 2013
- Why the Fed Decided Not to Taper: Part I
September 18, 2013
- What Criteria Should Guide Obama in Selecting a New Fed Chair?
August 16, 2013
- Is the World on a Binge of Devaluation? Part II
February 8, 2013
- Is the World on a Binge of Devaluation? Part I
February 7, 2013
- A Trillion Dollar Platinum Solution to the Debt Ceiling?
January 10, 2013
- Will Quantitative Easing (QE3) Do the Trick? Part II
September 17, 2012
- Will Quantitative Easing (QE3) Do the Trick? Part I
September 14, 2012
- Global Conflict over Exchange Rates, Part III
August 21, 2012
- Global Conflict over Exchange Rates, Part II
August 20, 2012
- Global Conflict over Exchange Rates, Part I
August 17, 2012
- Currency Manipulation: It's Not Just China
July 17, 2012
- Should the Fed Do More to Boost the Economy? Part II
June 29, 2012
- Should the Fed Do More to Boost the Economy? Part I
June 28, 2012
- China's Declining Current Account Surplus, Part V
April 13, 2012
- Central Banks to the Rescue?
December 1, 2011
- A New Consensus at the Fed?
November 3, 2011
- The Fed Tries Again with a New "Twist"
September 22, 2011
- Discord at the Fed over Monetary Policy
August 31, 2011
- What Should the Fed Do?
August 11, 2011
- The Default Debate, Markets, and Selling Gold
July 20, 2011
- "Headline" Versus "Core" Inflation: How Much Concern?
April 28, 2011
- A World Awash in Debts
March 28, 2011
- A Return of Global Imbalances
January 28, 2011
- Are the Markets Defying QE2?
December 16, 2010
- Is the United States Devaluing Its Way to Prosperity?
October 20, 2010
- To Ease or Not to Ease? A Dialogue
October 1, 2010
- What the Fed Can Still Do
July 16, 2010
- The Fed Exits from Mortgage-Backed Securities
April 7, 2010
- China's Dollar Leverage Is an Exaggerated Threat
February 18, 2010
- The Fed Must Do More To Help the Economy
December 15, 2009
- Should the Fed Be Stripped of Its Regulatory Authority?
December 4, 2009
- The Declining Dollar: Little Cause for Concern
November 11, 2009
- Are central bank balance sheets in Asia too large?, BIS Papers No 66, October 2012.
- Transatlantic Economic Challenges in an Era of Growing Multipolarity [pdf], Bruegel/Peterson Institute for International Economics conference proceedings ebook, held at the European School of Management and Technology, Berlin, September 27, 2011.
- Fed Taking Right Steps Forward [pdf], interview in International Affairs Forum, summer 2011, p. 63.
- Growth-Led Exports: Supply Creates Its Own Demand in International Trade, [pdf] chapter 4 in Recovery and Beyond: Lessons for Trade Adjustment and Competitiveness, eds. Filippo Di Mauro and Benjamin R. Mandel, European Central Bank, 2011.
- The Financial Market Effects of the Federal Reserve's Large-Scale Asset Purchases (with Matthew Raskin, Julie Remache, and Brian Sack), in International Journal of Central Banking, March 2011.
- Currency Crashes in Industrial Countries: What Determines Good and Bad Outcomes?, in International Finance, Vol. 13: 2, Summer 2010.